Burritt on the Mountain in Huntsville, AL is a popular wedding venue for good reason. The location boasts of natural beauty while also providing attractive practical features that make for a great wedding venue.
Having coordinated weddings at this venue, One Day To Treasure has summarized the following points of consideration for couples searching for the perfect wedding location.
- Natural Beauty Factor – It’s hard to beat Burritt on the Mountain if you’re looking for that venue with a natural backdrop for gorgeous outdoor photos. Whether you hold your ceremony at the mountain top gazebo, in front of the historic mansion, or inside the old country church, beautiful views abound. And there’s nothing like those amazing sunset portraits with the spectacular view of Huntsville down the mountain as a backdrop!
- Practical Amenities – Here is where Burritt shines as well. Many venues offer beauty but few couple that with so many practical features. The Baron Bluff building is the perfect site for a reception and can hold over 200 guests. Tables and chairs are all provided, including high-top tables to set out on the veranda – another plus. Baron Bluff also shows off a huge commercial kitchen, bridal dressing suite with private bath, a service entrance for unloading and loading your stuff, and on-site management present during your event. Having the indoor building & church on the grounds also means you have a solid rain plan in case the unfortunate were to occur!
- Minimal Prep & Clean-Up: You won’t have to spend tons of money on decorations when you hold your event at Burritt. The Baron Bluff ballroom is stunning as is. You can add personal elements to the fireplace mantle or string lights outside on the veranda. The tables and chairs will be set in place for you and staff will break all these down for you at the end of your event. The only thing you need to do is pack up your stuff and take out the trash.
Factors to Consider:
- Price. Holding your wedding at Burritt on the Mountain certainly isn’t cheap, but is certainly within the range of other quality venues in the Huntsville area. Like many other venues, prices for Saturday events are the most expensive and dates fill up quickly. Expect to pay over $3000 to rent for a Saturday event, and slightly less for Friday or Sunday. If your budget is tight, this beautiful venue is available at a significantly reduced price Monday through Thursday.
- Access Time & Rehearsal – You can usually arrange to have your rehearsal at Burritt, but you may be sharing the space with other parties who are preparing for an event, as well as with the general public who may be strolling through the park. This is generally not a big deal. Keep in mind that the public may also stroll through (since it is a public park) while you are setting up the day of the event. However, if, let’s say, you want to use the old church for a groomsmen gathering room, the management will put up signs to indicate that it is being used for a private event. Because Burritt is so popular, the venue normally can not be accessed for set-up, decorating, etc. until 10am on the day of your event. So depending on how DIY your wedding is, be prepared with a small group of volunteers to help set up and decorate.
- Rules – If you are imagining a spectacular sparkler send-off, this may not be the venue for you. There are a few rules and restrictions that must be observed at Burritt, but in the end we see these as only minor disadvantages.
Overall, Burritt on the Mountain/Baron Bluff is a wonderful venue for couples seeking to tie the knot in the Huntsville, AL area. With a great support staff present on site to help with the unexpected things that may arise during the evening, it is a venue that is hard to beat. Just be sure to reserve this venue early as popular dates get booked quickly.